Subject: Re: Wrong Machine identification
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/01/1994 06:44:51
In article <9405171449.AA02084@gemini.oscs.montana.edu> osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch) writes:
> On May 17,  2:21pm, Arthur Hoffmann wrote:
> > Address		Type	Pri	Vers	Flags		Name
> > 00f864f8	unknown	101	37	00000001	A3000 bonus
> >
> > I don't know if the case matters, but it comes up exactly as above
> > (bonus in lower case letters).
>
>   Yes, the case does matter - loadbsd is looking for upper case.  A quick
> fix would be to use a binary file editor on loadbsd and change the string
> "A3000 Bonus" to "A3000 bonus".  That should fix it.  I'll change loadbsd
> to check for the uncapitalized string.

I just discovered one more potential problem: my V40.68 A2000
developer's kernel has card.resource and carddisk.device in the resident
list, so loadbsd 2.4 will (probably, I haven't tried it yet) tell the
kernel that my 2500 is a 1200.  Loadbsd should probably do an additional
probe of the resources list to see if card.resource appears there.  If
it doesn't then the card.resource in the resident list is a red herring
and it's really a 2000/2500/500/1000.

--
Ty Sarna	     "It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a
tsarna@endicor.com    reputation for subtlety" -- Salvor Hardin