Subject: Re: help with A3000
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/26/1994 13:38:11
On May 25,  9:32am, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>   But how would the kernel know how to deal with non-identified interrupts?
> It has to know how to clear whatever is causing the interrupt on the card,
> which means it has to know internal details on each card (i.e. what memory
> location to read, or bit to set or clear).  Resetting every card might
> be difficult too - how would the kernel know how to reset the card (other
> than doing a RESET instructions - at which point you may not have any
> fast memory anymore either).

 I guess the whole pseudo-autoconfig needs a rewrite. As i understand,
currently the autoconfig is not done by NetBSD itself, but the structs are
passed through loadbsd to the kernel. Hence we need to rewrite the autoconfig
in a manner that the whole Z-Bus is resetted and then be configed again,
if that is possible at all.

--
Markus Illenseer