Subject: Re: help with A3000
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/24/1994 16:46:24
> We're having some problems with NetBSD/Amiga.  The kernel from the binary
> shapshot boots, but then seems to hang after about 30 seconds after
> getting a shell, no matter what you doing.  It works fine until then.
> Ideas?  It's an A3000 with 4 Fast megs and 2 Chip megs.
>
> Also...does anyone have any info on the ASDG EB920 eithernet controller?
> There's currently not a driver for it, but we'll write one if someone has
> interfacing info...

I guess you have that unsupported ethernet-card plugged in when you
get those errors? If so, that might be the cause for your crashes,
because if you initialize the card on the AmigaOD-side and then switch
over to NetBSD, the card's still initialized and expects certain
handlers to be present in RAM which surely aren't there when you run
NetBSD!

So, to test the binaries you should remove the ethernet-card from your
amiga before re-trying (or even better: write a driver for it ;-)

Hope this helps,

               Hubert

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg,  Tel. 0941/701788
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet: hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de == IRC: hubertf
  Click here.