Subject: Re: help with A3000
To: Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu>
From: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/23/1994 12:25:16
> |	Remember: The config type kernels are almost useless for development
> |	now. The 4.4 changes and config.new config method introduce quite
> |	a few changes. If you are going to develop new drivers use the
> |	post config.new version of the kernel, i.e. May 19th or later sup,
> |	otherwise most of your driver work will be for nought...
>
> And even then, there's some instability.  You can expect a missing file or
> two, have to patch the syscall table to work with existing binaries, etc.

	Hmm, my binarys cut from a May 3'rd sup work just fine, no syscall
	table braindamage needed. The routeing/networking stuff is
	broken but non-networking binarys and binarys that don't
	rely on kernel structures, i.e. ps, vmstat, etc. work fine.

> With May 22 sources the ordinary st driver was disabled and we were
> building st from the main tree, with less than satisfactory results - what
> was supposed to be mt status went out as something else, like a fsf or
> something (thank heavens not a weof!)  Kids don't try this at home.

	Hmm, what sup date are your binarys from? Mine are from a May 3rd
	vintage although later today they will be May 19th; burning my
	bridges but good so to speak...

		-Rob