Subject: Re: help with A3000
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
From: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/23/1994 09:57:51
> We're having some problems with NetBSD/Amiga.  The kernel from the binary
> shapshot boots, but then seems to hang after about 30 seconds after
> getting a shell, no matter what you doing.  It works fine until then.
> Ideas?  It's an A3000 with 4 Fast megs and 2 Chip megs.

	Try to get a May 3rd or so sup src. That's the last rock stable
	Amiga port, due to the 4.4 integration and switch from config to
	config.new it's going to be a while before things are solid again.

> Also...does anyone have any info on the ASDG EB920 eithernet controller?
> There's currently not a driver for it, but we'll write one if someone has
> interfacing info...

	Remember: The config type kernels are almost useless for development
	now. The 4.4 changes and config.new config method introduce quite
	a few changes. If you are going to develop new drivers use the
	post config.new version of the kernel, i.e. May 19th or later sup,
	otherwise most of your driver work will be for not...

		-Rob