Subject: Re: help with A3000
To: Stephen J. Roznowski <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@CS.ORST.EDU>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/22/1994 19:06:16
On Sun, 22 May 1994 21:32:55 -0400
 "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil> wrote:

 > > From: Terminator rAT <rat@CS.ORST.EDU>
 > >
 > > On Sun, 22 May 1994 "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil> wrote:
 > >  > Which binary snapshots? (Dates please)
 > >
 > > The machine in question (coredump) is mine.  Thorpej and I are trying to
 > > get NetBSD running on it.  I have tried all of the kernels from
 > > ftp.eunet.ch with varying success.  All the kernels (with the exception
 > > of 744.a3000) boot, run for a few moments, and then just hang.
 > > vmunix.744.a3000 hangs with a 'no suitable root' - odd, since the others
 > > mount BSDR just fine...
 >
 > The latest binaries/kernels that are available are the 940413 versions
 > that are available on sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu and its mirrors. I believe
 > that I uploaded a kernel after that date (the 25th?).
 >
 > > Ideas?  Could this be caused by the sync problem?  'BSDR' is a 12 M
 > > partition on a Conner CP340 (40M scsi)...
 >
 > Are you running out of swap space? How big is your swap partition and
 > are you running without a limit on the mfs device (/tmp)?

Likely not.  I rewrote /etc/fstab to say:

/dev/sd1a	/	ufs	rw	1 1

Got that far before the machine hung :-)  (I think it's a 'sync' problem,
but rAT can't find binpatch anywhere...:-( )

 > -SR

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!