Subject: Re: Cannot mount root partition
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <songcc@VNET.IBM.COM>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/19/1994 10:48:26

>> I finally managed to build the kernel, from May 15 tar source,  which configs to
>> use ahsc only.  When I tried to boot from the kernel,  it ended with message of
>> cannot mount root partition after successfully identify my two dard drives. ..

>  I think the May 15 sources may still have a bug in the A3000/A2091 scsi
>code.  Look in .../dev/ahasc.c and find the call to sbicintr(i) - that needs
>to be changed to sbicintr(dev) if I remember right.

I did change that. Otherwise, it probably won't go that far.

>Michael

After digging into the code, I find that the 'cannot mount root' were sent by
main() in init_main.c after an unsuccessful ufs_mountroot().  I think the
problem is probably in mountfs() where so many things can go wrong.  Is it
possible to go this far if something's wrong in the scsi driver code.

In my config file, I have 'config netbsd swap on generic' statement.  I wonder
if thing will be better if I specify the root and swap partitions like
'config netbsd root on sd0a swap on sd0b'.

Song.