Subject: Re: Wrong Machine identification
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/19/1994 17:19:26
In article <9405191500.AA06416@gemini.oscs.montana.edu> osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch) writes:
> >   My v39 developer ROM A3000 shows "A3000 Bonus" with the B in uppercase.
> > The A3000T v37.175 (Real ROM, not Kickbooter ROM) says "A3000 bonus" with
> > the b in lowercase. This could be the problem, no?
>
>   Lovely - nice and consistent of Commodore.  Well, the next version of
> loadbsd is currently checking for both for the A3000.

Well, be fair... this is hardly a documented feature. They can change it
any way they want to. As far as Commodore is (was) concerned, there is
no approved way to tell different models apart.

--
Ty Sarna	     "It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a
tsarna@endicor.com    reputation for subtlety" -- Salvor Hardin