Subject: Re: Cannot mount root partition
To: None <songcc@vnet.IBM.COM>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/19/1994 10:42:01
On May 19,  9:12am,  (Cheng-Chung Song) wrote:

> I finally managed to build the kernel, from May 15 tar source,  which configs to
> use ahsc only.  When I tried to boot from the kernel,  it ended with message of
> cannot mount root partition after successfully identify my two dard drives.  I
> figured that it might relate to the new way of specifying dostype on the
> partition.  My root partition is the last partition on the drive.  I don't know
> if it matters or not.  Those partition setup works fine with sys-744.  So, if it
> is because of the dostype,  I someone explain how one can convert old
> specification to the new specification.

  The DOStype field in the RDB PART blocks for the root partition will still
work - BSDR should still be picked for the root partition.

  I think the May 15 sources may still have a bug in the A3000/A2091 scsi
code.  Look in .../dev/ahasc.c and find the call to sbicintr(i) - that needs
to be changed to sbicintr(dev) if I remember right.

  There may be some other problems with the May 15 sources, but I can't
think of any at the moment.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu