Subject: Cannot mount root partition
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <songcc@VNET.IBM.COM>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/19/1994 09:12:20
I finally managed to build the kernel, from May 15 tar source,  which configs to
use ahsc only.  When I tried to boot from the kernel,  it ended with message of
cannot mount root partition after successfully identify my two dard drives.  I
figured that it might relate to the new way of specifying dostype on the
partition.  My root partition is the last partition on the drive.  I don't know
if it matters or not.  Those partition setup works fine with sys-744.  So, if it
is because of the dostype,  I someone explain how one can convert old
specification to the new specification.

Song.