Subject: Re: Serial problems
To: None <dej@eecg.toronto.edu, rhealey@aggregate.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/18/1994 11:11:55
David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu> wrote:
> > 	If you have AmigaUNIX to snarf the 6502 code for the 2232 board
> > 	I can package up the rest of the driver when I finish porting
> > 	it to the new config method. Obviously the code won't be accepted
> > 	by the BSD team till the 6502 code is rewritten. B^(.
>
> Has anybody done a Commodore 64 emulator for BSD yet?
>
> That way, I could boot up my homebrew 64 assembler and get hacking... :-)
>
> Hmmm... how painful would the port be?  An assembler written in assembler,
> to C.  Could be useful :-)

There is already Matt Dillon's assembler for 6502, 68HC11, and a few
other similar processors. It is written in C and as far as I can
recall, it should be very portable. It's fancy too - I assembled C64
Kermit with it (after converting its source format). It can create
several output formats (I think at least C= Basic load format, hexdump,
S-records, and plain binary dump). I'm not sure if it's on a Fish disk,
but I think I can dig it up if needed.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                                 rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl
\X/ An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.