Subject: Re: sys.19940515 II
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/17/1994 09:11:49
On May 17,  4:50pm, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I've tweaked start_c() in amiga/amiga_init.c and inserted some
> rollcolor()'s just as Chris told me, but no change so far: Even if I
> do rollcolor() ath the very beginning of start_c(), it won't change
> any color, so I guess this locore.s 's the guilty one?

  You can also set the color in locore.s in the startup code to be sure
you are getting that far.  I usually just set the color directly:
	movw	#0xf00,0xdff180
Putting on right after start: should indicate that you got to the kernel
entry point.  Adding another just before the jsr _start_c will let you
know you got to that point.

> P.S.: Who _has_ a kernel running with the sources from last weekend
>       (13.-15. may), and on which machine (CPU/MMU)?

  I've got a kernel created from the 940513 sources and it works fine on
both my 68040 systems (A4000+Warp Engine, and A2000+PPI Zeus).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET