Subject: Re: ser.c and ttneread
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/16/1994 10:41:46

> On May 15, 10:51pm, Arthur Hoffmann wrote:
> > Everything goes fine until it comes to loading netbsd
> > and it tells me that _ttnread in ser.o is not defined.
> > I have seen the function in tty.c, Is there any way around this bug?
>
>   Yes, just remove the serselect routine in amiga/ser.c.  It's not
> being referenced anymore.
>
> > Also The list has been awfully quiet recently I wonder if I've been
> > kicked off... Any way to chekc tahat?
>
>   If you get this message twice, once directly from me and a second
> from amiga-dev-owner@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, then you are still on
> the list.
>
>   You can also send a message to majordomo@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> and request a listing of who's subscribed to the amiga-dev list.  I
> don't remember the command at the moment, but if you send a help
> request to majordomo, it should tell you how to do it.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
> Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET
> Office of Systems and Computing Services
> Montana State University	Bozeman, MT	USA

Thank's for your reply, Michael
I did as you suggested, and the kernel compiled fine :)
Just loading it seems to be a bit strange.
To make sure all works I just built a Generic kernel
config.new GENERIC
make depend
make
Anyway when I boot the kernel it reports that I'm running on an Amiga
500/2000,
then it tells me ztwobus0 at mainbus0
no suitable root.

What went wrong now? I have an A3000.
Now I commented out all the scsi drivers in my GENERIC file, except
ahsc0, also I suped the very latest 16.05.1994 stuff and did make
depend;  make again, now The kernel doesn't
compile anymore, because of a missing include file: machine/profile no
such file or directory. I just found the file in
/usr/src/sys/arch/m68k/include/profile.h. I'll try to make a link to
that and see what happens.

Arthur.

__
Arthur Hoffmann					58/1 Dickward Drive