Subject: Re: config.new how?
To: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/15/1994 19:35:12
On May 16, 10:59am, Arthur Hoffmann wrote:
> I have been trying to build a new kernel with the latest sources and
> using config.new.
> I have some questions about that:
> How do I tell config.new that I wish to use the custom font and the
> floppy drive? (just in case I get a woring kernel again :).

  The current kernel does not have a floppy driver yet - it hasn't been
converted over to the config.new stuff yet (unless Chris Hopps has
been busy today).  The way I got the custom font to configure was to
modify the conf/files.amiga.newconf to include ite as well as KF_CUSTOM
to the kf_custom.c line.  It appears that KF_CUSTOM doesn't work to
cause that file to be included.

> Is there any info on config.new available (in addition to the man
> page)? If yes, where?

  The source code? :-)

Michael

--