Subject: Re: sys.19940513
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/13/1994 21:21:57
On May 13,  3:09pm, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> 1.) There was an ')' missing quite at the end of .../sys/syslog.h

  Looks like this was fixed in the 940513 changes.

> 2.) ttnread must be non-static in .../kern/tty.c

  No, the reference to ttnread is from extraneous code in amiga/ser.c -
the serselect routine is no longer used, so needs to be removed.

> But after that, friday 13th took his toll: When I tried loading it
> (either from /dev/reboot or via loadbsd), it barfed on me. After
> loadbsd tells his story about availabel memory etc., all I get is a
> black screen!

  I just compiled the 940513 sources, and after removing serselect
in amiga/ser.c, it linked with no problem and booted up just fine
on my PPI Zeus system.

  I have put the 2.4 version of loadbsd (latest and greatest) on
ftp.coe.montana.edu as /tmp/loadbsd-2.4.gz.  [Ftp.eunet.ch appears
to be out of disk space.]  This version should be able to detect
the A4000, A3000, and A2000/A500 systems and hopefully any kernels
after 940512 shouldn't need the _a4000_flag and _a3000_flag values
binpatched.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu