Subject: panic: swfree
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/08/1994 15:05:58
The file /sys/vm/vm_swap.c has changed substantially.  It looks like the
4.3 BSD swapper functionality has been incorporated into the Mach VM
system.

One consequence of this is that swapinit() expects the swdevt array to
be terminated differently than from before.  The swapgeneric.c module
does not do this properly.  So, if you build a GENERIC kernel, you get
panic: swfree.

Alas, when I try to compile a non-GENERIC kernel, _swapconf is undefined.
This is probably due to a dependency problem (I'd rather not make clean
and spend 90 minutes building the kernel).

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
        The Toronto Free-Net... paving the information superhighway.