Subject: Re: recent NetBSD changes...
To: None <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/25/1994 08:12:42
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris G Demetriou <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

Chris> the recent changes i made to NetBSD which were marked as: some
Chris> prototype cleanup, eliminate/replace bogus types (e.g. quad and
Chris> u_quad) -> use better types (e.g. quad_t & u_quad_t in inodes),
Chris> some cleanup.

Chris> will probably cause the Adosfs some problems -- timevals are
Chris> now replaced by 'timespec's in vnodes/stat structs, etc.

Chris> the changes are obvious, but i thought you should know...

Thanks, it's always nice to be aware of what changes causes problems.

To the amiga-developpers:

I'm going away for some weeks (military service).  If anyone wants to,
they can dig up the ADOSFS code and make the necessary changes to it.
If you do this, please add the new fstype handling, it's no big deal.
Protect the old way with COMPAT_09.  Look at the ufs to see how to do
it.  You may need to change the LKM loading code as well, if you do,
use COMPAT_09 there as well.  I've run NetBSD without COMPAT_09 since
CGD invented the new fstype, it's quite stable.  I suggest we make a
GENERIC binary without COMPAT_09, either instead of the ordinary
GENERIC kernel or as well as that one.  Probably a user-land upgrade
kit would be nice, with fsck newfs mount* and all others that depend
on mount.h!

If noone does the ADOSFS changes, I'll make them early June.

Niklas