Subject: Re: Binary releases and 64 bit off_t
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/18/1994 02:19:53
In article <9404120958.AA25079@ente.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Markus Illenseer) writes:
>  Fred is very interested into distributing NetBSD-Amiga on one of
> his CD-ROMs - and he is aware of the law-suit problem and the libcrypt
> things.

Yes, we've talked about these issues before. I'm still working on our
NetBSD/amiga CD-ROM; the USL settlement hasn't delayed or stopped that,
it only means that we couldn't release it right now if we wanted to.
We also have a solution to the DES problem. The CDROM itself contains no
DES code. Discs we ship inside North America come with an install floppy
which contains the DES stuff, and the install softwrae automaticly
detects and installs it. The person who will be the distributor for
Europe and probably the rest of the world will get a copy of the install
floppy minus the DES code. He will add functionally identical non-US DES
code to the floppies he includes with discs. So, DES will be availible
to everyone pretty much transparently. We handle all the stupid legal
details so cdrom purchasers don't have to.

>  The low-end NetBSD-Amiga i know of is an A500 with 020-PACK68 enhancement,
> SCSI-Adaptor, and 4MB RAM.

How fast is the 020-PACK68 clocked?

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."