Subject: Re: Loadbsd V2
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/12/1994 09:24:12
On Apr 11, 11:58pm, David Jones wrote:
> The latest kernel requires version 2 of loadbsd.  Is this correct?

  Yes it is.  The kernel has support for the kernel symbols for the kernel
debugger, and it needs yet another item passed from loadbsd.

> I tried compiling the code in /aya/arch/amiga/stand/loadbsd, but GCC
> gurued my system on the ADOS side!  I think this is the first time I've
> used GCC since I've upgraded to V40 kickstart.  Has anybody else had a
> problem with this?  Is there a V2 _binary_ that I could snarf?

  I'd love to upgrate to V40 kickstart, but I don't think it's been relased
yet, so I'm stuck with what I've got.

  I think bin/loadbsd-940320.gz on ftp.eunet.ch is version 2.0 of loadbsd.
I've got a version 2.2 that has a few other changes, but I haven't sent
the changes to Chris Hopps yet.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu