Subject: Re: Latest kernel
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/12/1994 13:19:31
osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch) wrote:
>   I've been playing with the driver a bit, and have gotten it to read
> fine, but I've had problems when writing to the floppy.  I've even built
> a very minimal boot floppy and booted NetBSD a couple of times using the
> floppy as the root file system.  I had to modify the delay() routine
> since a 33Mhz 68040 runs a bit faster than the 68030 systems.

Aha. That may be why I get so many MFM_TRACK messages (indicating that
it read the wrong track). Also, so far I haven't succeeded in mounting
a floppy (using friday's sources); I get something like GCIOCTL: wrong
argument from fsck, while newfs complains about cg0. But tarring to the
disk is reasonably successful (until I get the MFM_TRACK messages).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                                 rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl
\X/ An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.