Subject: Re: ddb problems
To: None <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au, rhealey@aggregate.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/12/1994 11:48:09
Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>

> > 	Has anybody else had the problem with ddb where when you trigger
> > 	it with L-Amiga-Alt-F10 and then continue, the keyboard no
> > 	longer works and generates random dribble for keys pressed? VERY
> > 	frustrating... This is with the last sup before 64 off_t stuff
> > 	went in.
> >
> > 		-Rob
> >
> Yes, I encountered the same behaviour, the way around it is to press
> L-Amiga-Alt-F1 (I think) This will restore your keyboard.

I guessed that the problem is that the keyboard code still thinks
you keep L-Amiga and L-Alt pressed. Pressing and releasing each
once should be sufficient.

Now for my problem: if I load the kernel with symbols (loadbsd -S)
and I request a stack backtrace when I enter ddb with the keyboad
combination, I get a mmu error (sorry that I don't have the details
handy) when I think it is about to print the call of _main().
So I trap into ddb recursively, and if I issue the same command again
(trace) it works ok. It also works if I had loaded no symbols in
the first place (but obviously I don't get the function names).
The last time I tried this was relatively short after the keyboard
entry into ddb was introduced; I usually don't intentionally crash
my system...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                                 rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl
\X/ An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.