Subject: Re: Latest kernel
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Dale Rahn <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/11/1994 16:49:19
> On Apr 10,  9:23pm, Chris Hopps wrote:
> > that have room on their HD's to compile a new X environment.  Unfortunately
> > I am not one of those people otherwise I would have uploaded new libs and
> > clients long ago.
>  Same here, i am seeking for a sponsor for either new harddrive or
> CD-ROM to be able to compile new X11 binary set :-)
>  Let's see what i can do, isn't it possible to cross-compile stuff and
> even link on other machines? Or do i miss something?
Like what host???

A few weeks ago I attempted to compile NetBSD-Amiga binaries
on NetBSD-i386 but ran into some problems with the "half done"
support on some of utilities. (ld)

I managed to get gcc/gas/ld all compiled to produce NetBSD-amiga
objects but ran into a problem with other necessary utilities
to build the entire system. (nm, lorder, ar)

I looked at these other programs and saw that they too could be fixed
to recognise other byte order architectures but didn't have time.

I could make availiable the changes I made and the "hacky" environment
I was attempting to build stuff in.

I do not claim that everything was working correctly however,
My executables did not run on my 720 kernel system (yes very old)
and the kernel I built wouldn't do anything never initialized the
screen or printed anything on it.
Dale Rahn, Languages and Tools
Motorola, MCG, Urbana Design Center
1101 E. University Ave, Urbana, IL 61801		  (217) 384-8585