Subject: Re: Floppy driver
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/11/1994 19:28:52
In article <9404111012.AA29654@jade.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Markus Illenseer) writes:
>  In my eyes 5.25" floppy is an anachronism these days - all PCs i have access
> to have 3.5" floppies, HD and even ED. You milage may vary of course.

Mine does :-). For one thing, old bridgeboards only have 5.25" floppies.
Also there are various wierd non-PC machines out there (AT&T 3B1, for
example) that can read DOS 5.25" floppies, and it's useful for
interchange with them.

>  I'd rather want to have support for HD-Floppies buildt-in in A4000 and
> most 3000.

Kids, kids, it's a floorwax *and* a desert topping! :-) You can have
both (and HD support is in there, but it's broken). Adding 5.25" support
is just a matter of cloning the 3.5" DD line in the ID table and
changing a few parameters.

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."