Subject: Re: Status of new binaries
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/10/1994 17:53:36
> On Apr 10,  5:35pm, "Stephen J. Roznowski" wrote:
> > With this set of binaries, we'll be moving the primary site
> > to sun-lamp (or its mirrors) and the format will be slightly
> > different (actually, like all the other architecture's binaries :-)
>
>  While you're at it, consider to make the binaries in a way they
> might be 'binary' compatible to other m68k platforms?
>
>  And please don't forget libexec and the rest of the network-utils.

	Ummm, how about the fact that Sun Lamp is very rarely, if ever,
	reachable via FTP; as a practical matter... sun-lamp is HEAVILY
	used and has very low limits on ftp and other services. While
	it's nice to have stuff on sun-lamp, it will be almost impossible
	for anybody to actually retrieve binaries via ftp from sun-lamp. At
	least ftp.eunet.ch isn't ALWAYS busy... Even the mirrors might
	have a touch time getting in.

		-Rob