Subject: Re: Binary releases and 64 bit off_ty
To: None <danny@astro.rug.nl>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/06/1994 10:00:28
I, at least, am not working on NetBSD-Amiga so as to directly
facilitate later developement of Mach or Hurd.  It'll be nice for
whoever if it helps.  I personally have my doubts that Hurd will ever
run on even the above average amiga (run in this context means
usable).

I, however, fail to understand why this discussion continues on this
list.  I guess maybe everyone didn't understand---NetBSD-Amiga will
remain NetBSD-Amiga.  off_t *has* been changed across the board (all
ports for at least 2 weeks now)  If you *really* want to change this (I
don't..)  you are going to have to convince NetBSD (not simply amiga)
to do so.  If you succeed in this then NetBSD-Amiga along with all the
other ports will change back. (not likekly to happen)

The off_t  IMO is a good thing when all is said and done.  I think
maybe all involved have not considered (even though Ty pointed it out)
off_t limits the size of the disk (not only fs's and files) that you
can mount under NetBSD.  Would you have the maximum HD size be <=2G?  I
think thats lacking right now let alone in the next year.

Chris.