Subject: Re: Floppy driver
To: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/05/1994 00:25:04
> 	While I'm rambling, I was able to mount the NetBSD partitions under
> 	AmigaUNIX read only. Any idea if I will nuke the BSD file system if
> 	I mount them read/write and let AMIX scribble on them? Device nodes
> 	look bizarre due to the weird bit allocation for major/minor on
> 	SVR4 but everything else seems to be OK.

Safest thing would probably be to convert the filesystems "fsck -c" before
moving them. Owner/group info and device node information is stored
at different places, so although Amix would probably be able to
find the information on the BSD filesystem (because it's stored at
the "traditional" place), the oposite is almost certainly not true. Why
don't you export it with NFS?

-Markus
--
CHUUG/EUnet Switzerland				Markus Wild