Subject: Re: Make gives trapsignal
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/04/1994 02:09:44
osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch) wrote:
>   Having just run into the same thing, I think your make binary is a
> bit older than the /usr/share/mk files.  I fought this for several hours
> and finally restored an old /usr/share/mk directory.  That allowed me to
> finish building the kernel.  I then checked the version of make I was
> using and found I was building it from older sources.

That must be the case. That's what happens if you carefully follow
instructions and install the bsd.*.mk files ;-) Fortunately I have
enough common sense not to follow the inctructions and install all
new /usr/include/sys/* files, too. (But I did check, and indeed no
kernel sources depend on /usr/include/sys/*.) I'll get the old ones
back now.

[fix for kernel printing A4000A2000 when booting]
>   I already found that earlier last week :-).

Good, it was getting silly *grin*.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                                 rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl
\X/ An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.