Subject: Re: Make gives trapsignal
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/03/1994 16:51:31
On Apr  2, 12:05am, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> I have been compiling kernel sources supped 940331, running a kernel
> from 940325 sources. My binaries are still 940219.
>
> When make wants to recursively make the kern library, i.e.
>
> making sure kern library is up to date
>
> I get
>
> trapsignal(1477, 11, -1, ffffffff, 2066c26)
>
> and make quits on error code 139. (128 + 11=SIGSEGV).

  Having just run into the same thing, I think your make binary is a
bit older than the /usr/share/mk files.  I fought this for several hours
and finally restored an old /usr/share/mk directory.  That allowed me to
finish building the kernel.  I then checked the version of make I was
using and found I was building it from older sources.

> Unrelated, in amiga/machdep.c, I would propose one small change:
> add the indicated 'else'.,
>
> identifycpu()
> {
> 	/* there's alot of XXX in here... */
>
> 	printf ("AMIGA/");
>
> 	if (is_a4000 ())
> 	  printf ("A4000");     /* XXX XXX */
> 	  printf ("A3000");     /* XXX */
> 	else
> 	  printf ("A2000");

  I already found that earlier last week :-).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET