Subject: Re: Wierd Problem with route
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/25/1994 16:56:21
In article <Pine.3.87.9403250217.A14703-0100000@azure.engin.umich.edu> Calvin Chu <diavolo@engin.umich.edu> writes:
> Whenever I do this:
>
> route delete 0.0.0.0
>
> I get anything from a kernel panic to an MMU fault... Actually, it's not
> just 0.0.0.0, but any route that I try to delete.  Sometimes it would
> work, and most other times, I get all different kinds of errors so I
> can't figure out what it really is.  I wrote down the last one that

What version or sup-date is your kernel? There were some routing bugs
fixed very recently (this week) which sound exactly like what you're
experiencing. Apparently the reference counting on some of the network
structures was incorrect and deleting routes could leave or use dangling
pointers.

This was discused on the current-users mailing list. Anyone using
NetBSD-current (which includes all NetBSD/Amiga users) should read that
that mailing list.

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."