Subject: GDB and MFS
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu`>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/24/1994 15:39:39
OK, I got a new kernel and installed the new binaries (940319).  A few
observations:

- I still cannot mount mfs (can't read disklabel).  This worked in 744
  and below.  Was a hack to get a BSD-style disklabel from an RDB image
  broken somehow?

- vi is horribly slow.  It takes about 1/2 second to respond to anything
  that requires screen scrolling.  I'm not sure if it's vi, or an
  inefficiency in the ITE handling.  Also, I noticed this after I ran
  the view-based X server.  Will do more experiments tonight.

- Does _anybody_ have a version of GDB that works with the >= 744 proc
  structure size?  The version of GDB on prep is 3 MB compressed, 15 MB
  uncompressed.  I don't have the disk space required to compile it.
  Also, it does not have a config entry for *-netbsd.

  Since a version of GDB was ported way way back, someone must have done
  this already.  Is anybody in the process of building the new GNU tools?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
email: dej@eecg.utoronto.ca, finger for more info/PGP public key