Subject: Problems
To: NetBSD-Dev <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Calvin Chu <diavolo@engin.umich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/23/1994 21:44:30
Is the 744 kernel equipt with /dev/view?  I'm using the generic 744
kernel and I'm not sure, but it doesn't appear to work with those new
color X servers that were released.

When I do a startx or xinit I get the following:

open device: No such file or directory

then when I do a mknod and put in the view00 and view01 devices, I get:

open device: Operation not supported by device

However, I never had any problems with the Xmono. This is the strange
part.  When I put the symbolic link from xxbsd... to Xmono, the same
error occurs! But I didn't have a problem with it prior to my mknod'ing
the view devices.   Now I'm not all too sure where the problem lies.

 o/ \o/  o  <o   o  o   o Mi dispiace, ma non parlo italiano. :-)
<|   |  /|\  |> <|><|> <|\ Ciao ragazzi! :-)   diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu
/|  / \  /| / \ //  \\ / \  La universita' di Michigan! Va blu!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Finger for PGP Public Key Block and Fingerprint