Subject: Re: Broken kernels? I KNOW THE CAUSE!
To: None <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Andy Heffernan <ahh@netcom.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/19/1994 10:28:30

> What's wrong with this picture?  Here is my config file, generic AMIGA
> from the sun-lamp distribution, no changes:
>
> #	$Id: AMIGA,v 1.6 1994/03/09 21:21:37 ws Exp $
[...]
> Is something missing?  Like most of the configuration?  I used the latest
> config from sun-lamp.  Apparently that is not correct procedure?  What
> config should I be using?
>
> At least I know why my kernel won't boot.

Why?

	I had trouble moving to sun-lamp kernels, too, and what finally
succeeded for me has to update my binaries to those provided by Stephen
Roznowski, do a sup of the latest sources, build and install the latest
usr.sbin/config, and build the GENERIC kernel.  I think the key was
getting the proper cc, as, and ld binaries, but I may discover
otherwise when I start customizing the config file.

	I have a bog-standard 3000UX system.