Subject: Re: rollcolor()
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/19/1994 09:19:47
On Mar 18,  3:24pm, newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu wrote:

> ok. I did a rollcolor(0xf0f) as the first line in start_c().
> As far as I can tell the CUSTOMBase is set properly as the
> actual physical address at this point.  When I booted the
> kernel image it put the monitor out of sync (a little bit
> like rolling when the horizontal hold is off) but it didnt
> affect the color.  This is with a 744 kernel + adosfs + views
> btw... Is rollcolor not working in this version?

  I don't know about the 744 kernel, but my kernel created from the
current sources from last weekend doesn't have any problem with
rollcolor.  Nothing has changed with rollcolor since the 744 kernel,
as far as I can tell.

  Were you able to build a working kernel before your changes?  Also,
which version of gcc are you using?

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu