Subject: Re: Question about SPLs
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/18/1994 00:24:53
In article <9403170620.AA29642@della.appli.se> niklas@appli.se (Niklas Hallqvist) writes:
> The correct thing to do, is to make this a LKM, loadable kernel module.
> Check /usr/share/lkm on how to do it.  I doubt this card of yours will
> never be a candidate for a serial console, so a LKM would be perfect.
> Let's see who gets there first, my LKM ADOSFS or your Supra LKM device :-)

Here's an interesting idea: with a simple wrapper around my aconf stuff
(which should be committed soon, I hope... I sent it to Chris) and
modload, it would be pretty easy to make a "binddrivers" command that
consulted a table of autoconfig IDs and modules and automaticly did
modload for any installed hardware with a LKM driver.

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."