Subject: Re: Zeus and 744 problem
To: None <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/14/1994 19:36:43
On Mar 14,  6:18pm, wrote:
> >  Not offhand.  Do any keyboard characters echo at this point?  [If he
> Nope, no characters are echoed.  The system just hangs with nothing else
> happening.  Is it possible he does have an ec040? Did PPS offer ec040
> accelerators?

  I would very much doubt that it would be a real ec040.  I don't think
NetBSD would be getting as far as it does without a functioning MMU.
All accesses to I/O devices is through virtual memory mapped to the
Zorro II I/O address space.

  I don't think PPI ever offered an ec040 version.  A friend of mine
has a 28MHz Zeus with the '040 marked ec040, and it boots up NetBSD
fine - at least with kernels I've provided.  I don't know if he's tried
any of the kernels from eunet.

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  OSYMH@MTSUNIX1.BITNET
Office of Systems and Computing Services