Subject: Re: Broken kernels?
To: Eduardo E. Horvath <>
From: None <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/14/1994 11:21:41
> I also tried the generic kernel dated 940305.  It will successfully boot
> to the point of sync negotioation.  Now I'm really puzzled.  The sources
> work, the compiler works, so what's left, the linker and the assembler?
	Use objdump from the gdb source tree to dump the area of the
	kernel in assembler and see if the assembler/linker created the
	code it was supposed to. objdump will hurl on '40 and some '30
	MMU/CPU instructions but it should give you a general idea if
	the assembler/loader did their job. Now you know why the big boys
	hook up $50k digital logic analyzers to debug their kernels...