Subject: Re: Broken kernels?
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/14/1994 11:23:03
tsarna@endicor.com (Ty Sarna)

> > Huh? It isn't october yet!
>
> 031094 == March 10, 1994. We (North Americans) use MMDDYY format.
> Don't ask me why, it doesn't make sense to me either.

*nod* It's just that the source/bin distribution on ftp.eunet.ch has
a logical YYMMDD format, so I had to look twice to see what was meant.
Personally I have no real preference for either YYMMDD (easily sortable
by stupid computers) or DDMMYY (more natural for dayly use, for me).
Did you know that even proper British usage, according to my dictionary,
is 10 March? (An alternative is March 10th). So in my neverending quest
to bring rationality to this world, I am even prepared to use the
(otherwise pretty irrational, units-wise) Brits as an example ;-)

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert       D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post	      rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl