Subject: Re: Broken kernels?
To: None <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/14/1994 00:20:47
>> > /* invalidate remainder of kernel PT */ > while (pg < (u_int *)
>> (pagetable_pa + pagetable_size)) > *pg++ = PG_NV;
>>
>> The code before this section is executed, but the code after this
>> is not.

Michael>   This would lead me to believe that something has corrupted
Michael> either pagetable_pa or pagetable_size somewhere, or else the
Michael> compiler is generating incorrect code so that loop doesn't
Michael> terminate.  [I'm still using gcc 2.5.6, and using the -O2
Michael> option with no problems.]

OK, Eduardo, try -O2 instead of -O then!  If this doesn't help, compile
amiga_init.c with -S and look at the assembly.  I'm sure there are
people willing to help out on this list if you can post the relevant
part of the .s file here, i.e. if you don't find a GCC bug yourself first.

Niklas