Subject: Re: Broken kernels?
To: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Andy Heffernan <ahh@netcom.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/13/1994 13:26:28
> I thought it was self evident that if the kernel is dying inside
> amiga_init.c, there is no available information from a panic.

	So, the screen clears and nothing else happens?  I've been having
the same problems with my first try at sun-lamp sources.  I'm using gcc
2.5.6 (what was in the 720 binaries).  I still need to go through old
messages to look for clues.

[...]
> I have managed to gather a few more details.  Though dilligent poking
> of color register zero, I have determined that the falure occurs in

	This was just the approach I was intending to take over the
next few days.  Would it be possible to clean up your debugging code
and get it committed to the tree?  Debugging is really painful before
printf is available, and it would be nice to have some color changes
to see how far booting is progressing.