Subject: Why is the new kernel different from 744?
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jay Dresser <jdresser@antares.Tymnet.COM>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/09/1994 10:57:23
I had problems with the 744 kernel not liking my tape drive, so I ftp'd
the newest vmunix.generic-940226 from ftp.eunet.ch.  The 744 kernel got
to the point of crashing after the tape drive was identified.  This new
one blanks the amiga screen, opens the Retina screen, with the colored
RETINA in the upper right corner, and then does nothing and displays
nothing.  So it seems like it's gotten worse.

Maybe it needs some patches, but the 744 didn't.  I ran 744 as is and
it recognized and talked to my GVP controller, and recognized and
talked to my Retina without problems.  Are there some patches, or
anything else that we should know about the 940226 kernel that is
different from the 744 kernel?  Please?  Thanks.

-- Jay Dresser, jdresser@Tymnet.com