Subject: Re: Sup releases
To: None <,>
From: Olaf Seibert <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/09/1994 16:29:34 (Chris Hopps) wrote:
> > Furthermore, I have some weird problems with gcc 2.5.8, that may be
> > because I cheated a bit with the shared libs. gcc wants,
> > but since I only have version 4.0, I make a symlink from the one to the
> You get or start using the gcc distributed with sun-lamp
> sources (2.4.5).  The libs changed significantly from 1.1 to 4.0 (I
> think the major change was from 3.0 to 4.0) The current will
> work with older libs however I am not sure what the side effects of
> mixing like this would be, protentially bad.

I got, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference
whatsoever. (My is from the 9402xx dist plus '040 patches).  (The
problem was that cc1 loops somewhere in, among other files,
kern_physio.c without producing any output)

I got around it by doing only the .i -> .s phase under AmigaOS using
gcc 2.5.7 (I think I'll delay installing 2.5.8 for a while). (I'd have
done .c->.s under AmigaOS but bsdmake != gnumake, and both bffs and
ixemul trying to translate .. and / does not give satisfactory

Anyway, I got a working kernel, apart from what somebody else already
mentioned, the PAL non-interlace screen mode does not work, but
pal-interlace does.

Btw, anybody working on ECS modes like DblPal? If not, I might try
something, except that I've never ever written a copperlist in my life.

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert       D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post