Subject: Re: Sup releases
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/08/1994 19:01:55

> Somebody asked:
> > > In any case, what's the name of the releases required to build the Amiga
> > > kernel and binaries?
>
> chopps@emunix.emich.edu (Chris Hopps) wrote:
> > # This is the main source for bins and kernels.
> > current release=src
> > current release=ksrc-common
> > current release=ksrc-amiga
>
> ksrc-amiga is not complete at the moment. At least, it is missing a few
> m68k files in /usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/m68k: bcmp.S, and the like.
> (All files that should be there are mentioned in the file Makefile.inc
> in that dir). Also the makefile in libkern references the libc
> directory which is not included (it needs DEFS.h).

It has been pointed out before that you need to get libc (at least the
parts of it that lead to lib/libc/arch/m68k/*  This is where those
files reside.

> Also, there is a typo in /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/sci.c: there is one
> occurrence of SUPRASCI instead of SUPRASCSI.

Fixed thanks :^)

> Furthermore, I have some weird problems with gcc 2.5.8, that may be
> because I cheated a bit with the shared libs. gcc wants libc.so.1.1,
> but since I only have version 4.0, I make a symlink from the one to the

You get libc.so.1.1 or start using the gcc distributed with sun-lamp
sources (2.4.5).  The libs changed significantly from 1.1 to 4.0 (I
think the major change was from 3.0 to 4.0) The current ld.so will
work with older libs however I am not sure what the side effects of
mixing like this would be, protentially bad.