Subject: Reboot on zkicked A2000 + GVP combo
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/03/1994 09:41:09
You've heard this before, but here goes...

Reboot doesn't work on my machine and has never done.  What's interesting
is that Michael's last change (040-fix) I got somewhat further in the
reboot process.  Now I get the pretty 1.3 blue screen with intuition
started.  Immediately I get the "Software error - task held" requester
and after pressing "Cancel" the guru "00000004:00220???" (don't remember
the address exactly).  Rumours says that if I don't zkick 37.175 before
entering NetBSD, reboot will work, but I haven't tested that.  Anyway
that would be a kludge and I'm out for a *real* fix.  I'm not a m68k
guru of any sort, but the only thing I can think of is that the MMU isn't
really shut-off.  I guess caches have been flushed long ago as intuition
is running.  Anyone got any other ideas?

Niklas