Subject: Re: Floppy driver
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/01/1994 17:52:50

> My concern here is that we're falling prey to creeping featuritis,
> and worrying about neat but marginally useful features instead of geting
> a basic, clean system going first. Is being able to partition a floppy
> really useful? Is having a BSD partition in a AmigaDOS file really
> useful? Seems to me it would be HARDER to work with. We can mount
> floppies from either system on the other system right now (well, soon
> now), adding another level of encapsulation only makes things more
> complex for no real gain.
>
> --
> Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
> tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."

I agree with Ty, we need the NetBSD floppy working first, then we can consider
adding other features next. For those concerned about not knowing which disk
is for what, there are always labels and the write protect tab will keep you
from formating them :)

--
Alan Bair             		MCTG AMCU DSCS
Motorola, Inc.            	    (Design Software &