Subject: Re: Floppy driver
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Pepers <pepersb@cuug.ab.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/28/1994 11:40:13
<lots of stuff deleted>
> > I was talking about a lower level than the filesystem. MSDOS disks are
> > formatted in a different way and all the track/sector information is
> > different. The low level disk reading code has to be changed first
> > so that it can even find any data on MSDOS disks. Once that is working
> > the msdos filesystem that comes with netbsd can be used.
>
> Just as an aside - have you thought about looking at the PC0: driver
> to see how Amiga resolved those differences?
>
>  - Eric

I think I know how to do it. There will be a bit or two in the minor #
which tells the driver what type of disk it is. Then the code that does
the track decoding can be different. What I'm not sure of though is if
the MSDOS disk ca be handled in the same way as the amiga (on a track
basis - not by sector).

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+