Subject: Re: Floppy driver
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Pepers <pepersb@cuug.ab.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/27/1994 21:13:30
> >From the reaches of cyberspace, Brad Pepers wrote:
> >
> > stuff on adosfs deleted.
> >
> > I would also like to look at handling msdos disks. Maybe someone
> > could send me info on msdos disks or after the code is released
> > they can add in msdos disk handling.
> >

> If I'm not mistaken there already is support for the msdos file system
> in the form of a gnu msdos file system. Maybe it would be better to
> try to work the code to be able to handle that instead of trying to
> totally rewrite the msdos fs.
>
> Ron Roskens

I was talking about a lower level than the filesystem. MSDOS disks are
formatted in a different way and all the track/sector information is
different. The low level disk reading code has to be changed first
so that it can even find any data on MSDOS disks. Once that is working
the msdos filesystem that comes with netbsd can be used.

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+