Subject: Floppy driver
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Pepers <pepersb@cuug.ab.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/27/1994 16:08:50
Here is more status info on the floppy driver. It now works well
enough for adosfs to work on it. I can mount my amiga floppies
and copy files from them. Here is what I haven't done:

1. Really test things with multiple tasks making requests

2. Make code robust to handle disk changes and write errors

3. Test out write code fully (need a writeable filesystem)

4. Handle disk labels enough to get newfs to work

I have been cleaning the code up and its not too bad right now. The
track writing code is still being worked on but it does work in some
simple cases I tried.

My plan now is to finish cleaning up the write code and implement
disk labels. Then I can try newfs on it and get a read/write fs.

I would also like to look at handling msdos disks. Maybe someone
could send me info on msdos disks or after the code is released
they can add in msdos disk handling.

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+