Subject: Floppy questions
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Pepers <pepersb@cuug.ab.ca>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/22/1994 00:26:14
I have a working (read-only) floppy device now. It hasn't been
tested much but it seems to be working. It is based on some floppy
code I wrote a while ago and the i386 floppy code. I am looking
now to try some neat stuff with it like newfs/disklabel/... How
does everyone think disklabels should be done? I was thinking to
either make a fake one for the whole drive as one partition or
actually write out the label to sector 0.

How close is the AFFS to being released? Since I can't write to
the floppy I'm stuck right now as an AFFS disk.

Also what all do I need to do to work towards a bootable floppy
system?

And finally, as I don't understand the controller/slave setup
properly - the device driver is a bit odd. It is configured as:

device		fp0	at manafacturer 1	product 10

I used fp instead of fd since there is already an fd device. I
added the builtin product #10 for my device.

Hopefully when I release this someone who understands netbsd
better can clean things up a bit...

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+