Subject: Compiling sun-lamp sources.
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/21/1994 21:19:58
This is a note to all devlopers that are compiling sun-lamp sources.

I have switched the amiga kernel linking over to the new ld, you will
need an ld that is fairly current if you wish your symbols to not be
stripped (it was a bug that was fixed a little while back).

the sizeof the struct disklabel changed a little while back so "newfs"
and "disklabel" need recompiling.

The position of the stack changed so all programs that referece
USRSTACK need to be recompiled like ps, w, nfsd, gdb...  Yell at
Markus about this one :^)

As a treat anyone running X can stop redirecting it, I fixed the MMU
fault bug.

A final note, I try as hard as I can to keep the sources compiling and
generating "working" kernels. however I also am chaning the sources
everyday adding users patches and my own modifications.  If your
kernel doesn't run, don't jump into elm and mail me about it, try and
figure out whats wrong.  If that fails you can post something to the
list.  Remember the sources you sup are only a snapshot of a costantly
moving target.

Thanks,
Chris.