Subject: Strange kernel problems
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/21/1994 09:54:06
I've built both a kernel derived from the 940213 sources at sun-lamp
as well as one from 940220.  Both behave well at first, but after some
time, presumably after a certain amount of paging (I still run in 4MB!),
all I can do is to execute bash internal commands.  Every other command
results in "ls: is a directory" type of messages.  I haven't seen anything
on current-users so I suspect it's Amiga-specific (or do all PC NetBSDers
have a reasonable amount of memory?).  Has anoyone tried late versions on
low-mem Amigas?  Typically starting emacs and stopping it (C-z) is enough
to start this behaviour (well, I have never succeeded to do this anyway).
There does not seem to be memory corruption going on, all in-core images
run fine, it's just that I cannot start any new programs.

Another note: as soon as I can get to compile a new kernel, I'll try my
ADOSFS as a LKM, it really seems dead simple!!

BTW those of you who use late sun-lamp code *need* to recompile disklabel
& newfs again as MAXPARTITIONS has changed once more.

Apart from my problems, it's great that we're on sun-lamp now, thanks Chris!

Niklas